KAREN ADLER, MSW, LCSW
- Founder of Healing From The Inside Out a practice specializing in body-centered
- psychotherapy for individuals, groups and couples dealing with issues of trauma, grief, anxiety, depression, adjustment. Facilitates transformational retreats.
- Co-Creator/Facilitator of Centered and Empowered – an entity partnering with therapists specializing in grief and trauma and healers of various modalities including equine therapy in farm/ranch settings.
- Published, Emerging Transformed: Facing Grief in the Time of COVID-19 (Medium, April, 2020).
- Invited member of 004th Police District Domestic Violence Sub-Committee Task Force serving high risk communities
- Consultant/Supervisor/Trainer of Maryville Crisis Nursery
- Former Director and Co-Creator of an innovative, specialized Treatment Foster Care program at Maryville Academy residential program for hard to place youths.
Healing From The Inside Out | 1995 to Present
Advanced Licensed Psychotherapist (LCSW) / Private Practitioner
Provides therapy services for couples, adults, families, and teens. Specializations: loss, trauma, PTSD, marital, relationship, adjustment issues, communication, behavioral issues, anxiety, depression. Offers group therapy, weekend transformational retreats, Self Acceptance Training, stress workshops, lectures, consultation, supervision and training.
- Self Acceptance Training (SAT). Working with trauma through the exploration of held emotion in the body. Once uncovered and expressed in a nurturing and non-judgmental setting, one can experience who they truly are in a given moment, thus creating conditions for self- acceptance and positive and lasting change. Individuals, couples and groups. Weekend retreats.
- Self Acceptance Training and Stress Workshops in school setting- Conducting groups, workshops and meditation groups for teachers, sports teams, coaches and teachers. Near North Montessori, Walter Payton High School, Whitney Young High School.
- Stress Lectures and Workshops –Various Chicago locations
- Classes on Spirituality – KC, Power of Kabbalah 1 and 2; Women and Spirituality
Conscious Parenting Training and Classes | 2008 to Present
Healing From The Inside Out, Founder/Facilitator
- Individual training to caretakers and parents of children, teens and young adults
- Conscious parenting conference-call classes
- Stress/Meditation workshops for parents, teachers and youth in school setting
- Maryville Crisis Nursery consultation and supervision
Child and Family Welfare | 1983 to 1998
Psychotherapist/ Treatment Foster Care Consultant/ Supervisor
- Illinois Youth Advocate Program: Consultant Treatment Foster Care, supervised therapists and child welfare counselors, Therapist, On-site workshops for students middle and high school- Managing Stress and Self Acceptance.
- Aunt Martha’s Child Welfare Agency – Consultation, supervision Training in Treatment Foster Care In-Service
Maryville Academy | 1994 to 1998
Director Maryville Academy Treatment Foster Care Program
Developed from ground up Treatment Foster Home Program and Training targeting hard to place youth normally in residential care.
- Treatment Foster Care Consultant- Maryville Academy-1988-1994
- Program Manager/ Family Educator- Maryville Academy- 1983-1988
United Charities of Chicago | 1979 to 1982
- Provided programming and counseling to disadvantaged youth in overnight camp setting
- Directed girls’ camp and mother daughter program.
Vision Quest | 1982 to 1983
- Youth counselor with this alternative intensive wilderness treatment program for severely troubled teens, which involved traveling nationwide on mule-drawn wagon train.
University of Illinois, Jane Addams School of Social Work, Chicago, Illinois | 1985 to 1987
- Master Degree in Social Work –LCSW
- Internships: Youth Guidance; Maryville Academy
University of Illinois, Champaign -Urbana Illinois | 1978 to 1982
- Bachelor of Science, Psychology – Mental Health Worker Program
- Internships: Threshold Adult Treatment Program; Adolf Meyer Mental Health Center; Lincoln Center for the Profoundly and Severely Developmentally Delayed.
Continuing Education – CEU’s – Department of Professional Regulation
PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS / AFFILIATIONS
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- Foster Family Treatment Association (FFTA)
- Inter-Agency Referral Committee (IRC)
- Certified Family Teacher
- Department Professional Regulation (Licensed Clinical Social Worker)
- Certified Self Acceptance Training
- Self – Acceptance Training
- Clinical Supervision
- Training / Lectures / Family Systems; Treatment Foster Care Curriculum; Family Teaching Model; Conscious Parenting; Stress; Meditation; Spirituality
- Workshops / Retreats
- Leadership – Volunteer, Mentor Chicago and Kabbalah International, Study Group Leader Kabbalah Center Chicago